I think it’s really hard to find good pork chop recipes because they usually end up being too dry or completely boring, but these pretzel pork chops are beyond amazing. The thinness of the chops allows them to cook quickly – before they can dry out, and the zing of the mustard combined with the flavor of the pretzels really makes the flavor pop.
On a side note, pretzels and mustard are a fantastic combination. If you haven’t tried dipping a soft pretzel in mustard, you are really missing out.
- 8 thin pork chops (1/4 inch thick)
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Oil for frying
- In a food processor or blender, crush the pretzels into fine crumbs – place them in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with the mustard.
- Place the flour in a third shallow bowl.
- Coat each pork chop with flour, dip in the mustard-egg mixture and then into the pretzel crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the pork chops in the oil – adding more if necessary – for about 1-2 minutes per side, depending on thickness
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on