These restaurant-inspired Asian chicken wraps are filled with vegetables, protein and drenched with a slightly spicy, creamy peanut sauce.
A few years ago, I was working at this restaurant in Green Bay and they added these amazing Asian chicken wraps to their menu. They had a delicious peanut-y sauce that was just spicy enough to burn a little. I ate them everyday for lunch when I worked and I would sometimes get one to go before I left at night. I loved those chicken wraps. Unfortunately, my husband and I moved to Wichita at the end of that summer, so no more chicken wraps for me. It turns out that they don’t even have it on their menu anymore anyway – I checked when I was home last.
So here’s a recipe for amazing Asian chicken wraps with peanut sauce that pretty much kicks those other chicken wraps’ butts.
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (salted or unsalted)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cooked chicken breasts
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- In another bowl, add the cabbage, carrots, red peppers, green onions, cilantro, and peanuts. Pour the sauce over the mixture and stir. Let this sit while you prepare the tortillas and chicken.
- Heat up the tortillas for 10-15 seconds in the microwave to make them more flexible. Lay the tortillas out to fill them.
- Thinly slice the chicken
- Add a small portion of chicken (about a half a chicken breasts-worth) to each tortilla.
- Divide the cabbage mixture between each of the wraps.
- Roll tightly, securing with toothpicks if necessary.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Recipe inspired by Once Upon A Chef.