This sticky chicken recipe so flavorful and easy to make. It’s honey garlic marinade with soy sauce turns into a sauce as it cooks, and a secret ingredient brings the flavor to another level. I promise, you won’t be disappointed in this simple chicken recipe. Serve with rice and steamed fresh broccoli for a complete meal.
We all love a good stir fry recipe, but this sticky chicken recipe is slightly unique. You have your basic sticky sauce ingredients, like soy sauce, honey and garlic, but I’ve added an unexpected flavor in the form on garam masala.
It’s just a hint of flavor, and really totally optional if you don’t have it, but it gives this recipe something a little extra and makes for a really great meal.
But what I love even more about this recipe is how easy it is. The marinade literally turns into the sauce and all you have to do is dump it all into a hot pan and stir a bit.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe
How to make sticky chicken
Make the marinade. In a large mixing bowl , whisk the marinade ingredients together until smooth.
Marinate the chicken. Thinly slice the chicken breast and add it to the mixing bowl . Stir to coat the chicken in the marinade and cover the bowl. Refrigerate until right before you’re ready to cook.
Cook the sticky chicken. Heat a large skillet to medium-high. When the pan is hot, add the chicken with the marinade. Let the chicken cook, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking.
FAQ’s and tips for making honey garlic chicken
This sticky chicken recipe would be great served alongside cooked white rice and steamed vegetables would be a great idea to help complete dinner. Try it with some jasmine rice and oven roasted broccoli.
This recipe is gluten free, but if you’re avoiding gluten for an allergy, you’ll want to confirm that the ingredients (especially the soy sauce) are gluten free too. Many soy sauces actually contain gluten as an ingredient.
Yes, unfortunately, this can happen. Luckily, to over marinate chicken, you’d have to be doing it for a very long period of time so it’s unlikely that it will happen with this recipe. But when you over marinate chicken you make it hard, chewy, and just plain gross. By marinating for an appropriate amount of time you can get the chicken to be juicy, flavorful and tender.
Easy chicken recipes you’ll enjoy
- Easy Spanish chicken
- Baked chicken wings
- Baked honey mustard chicken wings
- Garlic braised chicken legs
- Peanut chicken wrap
More dinner recipes to try
- Irish shepherd’s pie
- Italian sausage and peppers pasta
- Instant Pot Mississippi pot roast
- Chinese shrimp and broccoli
- Ham fried rice
This sticky chicken recipe so flavorful and easy to make. It’s honey garlic marinade with soy sauce turns into a sauce as it cooks, and a secret ingredient brings the flavor to another level.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or green onion
- In a large bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients until smooth.
- Add chicken to the bowl and stir to coat. Cover, refrigerate and let marinate for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to cook.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan with the marinade, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is fully cooked and the sauce has thickened – about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish before serving.
Keywords: dairy free, takeout, easy, healthy, chicken
Last Updated on May 17, 2020 by Melissa Belanger