I have been dying to share this recipe with you for a few months now, but each time I set out to photograph it, something came up and it never got made. Sad, I know. Because it’s only six ingredients – five if you don’t count the garnish. Six ingredients.
That’s right, six ingredients will make you the best chicken of your life. I promise. This Indian sticky chicken is so good, it will become your new go-to recipe for weeknight dinners, or dinners where you want to impress someone, or special occasions. It will be your favorite from now on. You really don’t have a choice in the matter.
It’s so simple and easy to make. You basically smear the “rub”, which consists of 2 ingredients and some salt all over the chicken. Then you sear it in a non-stick skillet with no oil or butter or anything. This makes all the juices get sealed in, and the spices start to make delicious blackened bits in the pan that we deglaze into the sauce later. And, by sauce, I don’t really mean sauce per se. I mean it’s just enough to glaze the chicken and make it sticky. Hence, the name “Indian sticky chicken”.
Try it wish some basmati rice and oven roasted broccoli.Print
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together the garam masala, paprika and salt. Rub onto both sides of chicken breasts until fully coated.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the chicken, about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Add lemon juice and honey to skillet to deglaze, making sure to scrape up all the browned bits from the chicken. Allow sauce to thicken slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the chicken to glaze evenly. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with fresh herbs before serving.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on