It’s been about a week since I’ve been back in the states, and I feel like I’ve gotten nothing done yet – at least when it comes to cooking and posting recipes. I’ve been recovering from my jet lag, attempting to find a vehicle and a place to live. It’s been crazy.
On top of all that, I have wanted to spend time with family and friends and I’m leaving for a road trip with my best friend on Wednesday (we’re heading to Nashville in search of amazing food and country music). Needless to say, my schedule has been pretty full since I’ve been home and I’ve barely set foot in the kitchen or near my computer.
When my life is chaotic and busy it always helps to have something quick and easy to make for dinner. Marinated chicken is probably one of the easiest ways to make a quick meal taste great. Almost no effort goes into it, and you come out with something wonderfully flavorful. For this meal, I’ve combined the easy of marinating chicken breasts and the convenience of a short ingredient list in this soy dijon chicken recipe.
Once you’re finished cooking the chicken all you have to do is heat the marinade through to make a simple pan sauce for serving.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar (any kind of sugar will work)
- Combine all ingredients in a zip-top bag.
- Allow chicken to marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and set liquid aside for later.
- In a frying pan, saute the chicken breasts over medium high heat until fully cooked – about 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from pan and tent with foil.
- Increase heat to high and add remaining marinade to pan.
- Bring sauce to a boil and continue to heat for several minutes until sauce has reached desired consistency.
- Serve each chicken breast with a drizzle of pan sauce.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on