Don’t worry about grilling this winter. This simple, baked hamburgers recipe is perfect for a crowd and the patties are cooked in the oven at 425˚ for juicy, flavorful burgers that are ready for your favorite toppings.
For the avocado:
- 3 avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
For the burgers:
- 3 pounds ground chuck (80/20)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 – 2 teaspoons Tabasco®
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 burger buns
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced or chopped red onion
- Vegan cheese slices
- In a large bowl, mash the avocado with lime juice and salt. Cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F and place a cooling rack into a cookie sheet.
- Mix the ground beef with the yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, granulated garlic, Tabasco and salt & pepper until evenly combined. Shape into quarter pound burger patties and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 155˚F (for medium). Remove from oven and allow burgers to rest for 5 minutes to continue cooking.
Nutritional information is for the burgers only.