This Corn and Chickpea Fiesta Salad with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette is hearty, healthy and filled with fresh, colorful ingredients.
I’m not a big fan of warm weather or being hot in general. In fact, my mom says that I quit my first grade soccer team because I didn’t like the feeling of being sweaty. I love cold weather, falling leaves and snow. I look forward every year to wearing cozy clothes, boots and scarves and drinking a warm coffee on a chilly days. Luckily, I grew up in Wisconsin and there was more than enough cold weather to keep me happy.
For the past several days it’s been 90 plus degrees here in Angers (the city where we live in France) and the last thing I want to do was create extra heat in our non-air-conditioned apartment. Normally the weather is pretty mild here – we even had a few days of snow last winter – but these last few days have been crazy-hot. Therefore, I’ve been on a mission to find recipes and ideas for cold salads or anything else that doesn’t need to be cooked. This corn and chickpea fiesta salad definitely beats the heat, and it has one of my favorite flavor combinations – cilantro and lime.
Corn & Chickpea Fiesta Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
Yield 12 servings
- 2 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered (about 1 pound)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and stir until everything is mixed well.
- Refrigerate until serving or at least for a half an hour to let the flavors blend.
14 Days to Dairy Free
Join the 2 week challenge where you'll learn everything you need to change your diet and your life.
Starting in 2018, you'll get a new lesson each day with actionable steps to help you reach your dairy free goals.