This easy garbanzo bean salad is an awesome vegan recipe that’s perfect for a healthy summer lunch – filled with cucumber, tomatoes and corn, with a cilantro lime dressing.
For the garbanzo bean salad:
- 2 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, quartered (about 1 pound)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
For the cilantro lime dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a big bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and stir until everything is mixed well.
- Refrigerate until serving or at least for a half an hour to let the flavors blend.
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, garbanzo beans, chickpeas, salad, summer