This hibachi style Japanese salad dressing is absolutely incredible. It’s vegan and tastes just like the ginger dressing you get at your favorite Japanese steakhouse, but don’t be fooled, the secret to the beautiful color in this creamy dressing isn’t carrot.
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 2/ tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place all ingredients – except the water – in a food processor or blender.
- Process until mostly smooth.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until you have reached the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate dressing for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Katie’s Passion Kitchen.
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, easy, dressing, salad, healthy