You are going to love this super simple and easy french yogurt cake recipe. It’s a fluffy and moist loaf of deliciousness. Easily made dairy free with almond, coconut or other non dairy or vegan yogurt alternative! Makes 1 loaf – 8 servings.
Why I love this easy cake recipe
Here’s what you’ll need to make this dairy free cake
How to make French yogurt cake
Preheat and prep. Heat your oven to 350˚F and grease a loaf pan (you can also line it with parchment paper if you want).
Mix the batter. Whisk the dry ingredients together until combined. Then, stir in the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
Bake the cake. Transfer to the prepared pan and bake for 45 – 55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let the cake cool completely before serving.
FAQ’s and tips for making yogurt cake
Yogurt is a great baking addition that helps to keep cakes moist for much longer. A cake made with yogurt is almost never dry (unless you really overbake it or mess up the recipe somewhere). The high liquid content and added fats inside yogurt work great to make a recipe turn out well!
Yes! This cake freezes very well! I recommend allowing the bread loaf to cool completely before wrapping with plastic wrap ad then storing it in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. This should get it to last several weeks inside of your freezer. Just place it in the fridge or on the counter for a few hours to thaw before eating.
I don’t see why not! If you find yourself with flavored yogurts, adding them into this plain french yogurt recipe could be a great way to add in natural flavors! Strawberry, lemon, etc it should all work out well and taste incredible.
More sweet breakfast recipes to try
- Strawberry Ricotta Breakfast Toast
- Banana Oat Bread Breakfast Bars
- 6 Ingredient Cinnamon Rolls
- Bananas Foster Pancakes
- Maple Sausage Dutch Babies
More dairy free cake recipes you’ll enjoy
- One Layer Cake with Chocolate Buttercream
- Raspberry Cupcakes
- Peach Almond Cake
- Blueberry Shortcake
- Mini Lemon Bundt Cakes
You are going to love this super simple and easy french yogurt cake recipe. It’s a fluffy and moist loaf of deliciousness. Easily made dairy free with almond, coconut or other non dairy or vegan yogurt alternative!
- 1 cup yogurt*
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F, and grease/flour a loaf pan. Set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt together.
- Next, add the yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract and oil, mixing until a smooth batter forms.
- Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 – 55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cake to cool completely before transferring to a cooling rack or cake plate.
- Top with powdered sugar or whipped cream before serving.
*We used dairy free, unsweetened plain coconut yogurt and vegan whipped cream.
Keywords: dairy free, easy, French, yogurt, cake, loaf cake
Last Updated on