Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad | This easy, vegan pasta salad recipe is fun twist on a summer classic with roasted vegetables and pasta tossed with Italian dressing and served cold. #pasta #salad #vegan
For the pasta salad
- 1 16-ounce package radiatore pasta (or other texture pasta)
- 1 small bunch asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, florets only, chopped
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
For the pasta salad dressing:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Place vegetables on a cookie sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season liberally with coarse salt & black pepper. Roast for 15 minutes or until veggies have started to brown and tomatoes are soft. Remove from oven and all vegetables to cool before adding to salad.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente in a large pot of boiling, salted water. Once pasta has cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Toss with remaining olive oil until coated.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until combined.
- Toss cooled vegetables and cooked pasta with salad dressing until evenly coated. Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper, to taste.
Cook the pasta and roast the veggies at the same time to cut down on cooking time.
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, easy, summer, vegetarian