Mediterranean Chickpea Salad | This healthy, vegan recipe is filled with protein, loaded with veggies and tossed with a simple vinaigrette. It’s great for meal prep and a perfect summer lunch. #chickepea #salad
For the salad:
- 3 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 English cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup diced red onion (amount to taste)
- 3/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add dressing to salad, stirring to coat evenly, about 10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: easy, vegan, cold, dairy free, gluten free, summer, healthy, protein