You are going to love this super simple and easy french yogurt cake recipe. It’s a fluffy and moist loaf of deliciousness. Easily made dairy free with almond, coconut or other non dairy or vegan yogurt alternative!
- 1 cup yogurt*
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F, and grease/flour a loaf pan. Set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt together.
- Next, add the yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract and oil, mixing until a smooth batter forms.
- Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 – 55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cake to cool completely before transferring to a cooling rack or cake plate.
- Top with powdered sugar or whipped cream before serving.
*We used dairy free, unsweetened plain coconut yogurt and vegan whipped cream.
Keywords: dairy free, easy, French, yogurt, cake, loaf cake