White Turkey Chili | This easy recipe makes the best, healthy chili using ground turkey and white beans with a kick that’s not too spicy. Top it with avocado and fresh cilantro. #dairyfree #comfortfoods
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 – 3 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds lean ground turkey
- 3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup almond cooking milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 15-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat a Dutch oven or stockpot to medium-high. Add olive oil and vegetables and sauté, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent – about 5 minutes.
- Add spices and stir until the vegetables have been evenly coated.
- Add ground turkey and allow it to cook, breaking up the meat as you go, until no longer pink.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add bay leaf and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond cooking milk and cornstarch. Add mixture to chili and stir until distributed.
- Add beans and let chili simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Keywords: dairy free, healthy, easy, winter, fall, game day