This savory whipped feta dip is made with six simple ingredients and is delicious with fresh crudités, crackers or pita chips. Serve it with cool cucumbers for a crisp, cool pairing. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
I have big news for you guys. Yesterday was our first full day in our new house. We spent all day Saturday moving. We rented a U-haul and moved everything we own in just over 6 hours. That’s what happens when you move everything 3 – 6 months for 8 years. You get really good at packing boxes and organizing moving vans. You learn to not accumulate that much junk, and you learn to pack up your life on a moments notice.
But, this time is a little different for us. You see, this time we didn’t end up at the airport or on a different continent. This time, we are staying home. We moved into our very own house in Green Bay. Yes. That’s right. We are done with the hockey life. Marc has taken a job here, and we’re going to stay put for a little while.
I know I’m going to miss our parts of our nomadic lifestyle, but I think we’re all really ready for a change. Staying in one place for a while gives us time just be with each other and maybe give us a chance to breathe. It’s going to be a really good thing.
Plus it will give me more time to shop at Costco, because apparently once you live in the states, you must buy everything in bulk. It’s become quite the obsession for me. In fact, I even bought feta in bulk, which led me to impulsively make this awesome whipped feta dip. Which, I ended up making several times since, and it’s so good I put it on everything. Veggies, crackers, a spoon. Cucumbers are my favorite with it, but anything will do. I even feed it to Ellie and she loves it. So obviously, you will, too.
Tips for making the best whipped feta dip:
- Get everything to room temperature before you get started. The room temperature cheese will emulsify faster and create a fluffier feta dip.
- I like to cube my feta before putting it into the food processor , but a good machine should break everything up on its own.
- After making the dip, keep it refrigerated until about 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve. Let it warm up just a tiny bit before serving to bring out the flavors and making dipping a little bit easier.
Whipped Feta Dip
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 8-ounce block feta cheese
- 4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil (plus more for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 2 smashed cloves)
- In a food processor , blend all ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, and sprinkle additional basil to serve.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg