Bursting with flavor, this hearty wheat berry salad recipe is filled with sweet apples, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, celery and fresh herbs, and topped with a simple vinaigrette dressing. Served cold, this healthy, vegan salad is great for any time of year – it’s especially perfect in autumn/fall – and makes a great side dish.
- 4 cups cooked wheat berries (about 1 1/2 uncooked)
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over the salad and mix until evenly coated.
- Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper, to taste. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for later.
Keywords: vegan, dairy free, wheat, apple, cranberries, celery