Vegan Ricotta Cheese | This is seriously the best recipe for vegan ricotta, and it’s so easy! It’s made with almond and tofu for the perfect texture and flavor. There are so many uses for it – stuffed shells, lasagna, pizza and you can even make it sweet for things like cannolis or breakfast toast. #vegan #ricotta
- 1 1/2 cup slivered almonds, soaked overnight and drained
- 6 ounces tofu, pressed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dairy free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic*
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley*
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Black pepper, to taste
- Place ingredients in the bowl of a food processor .
- Blend until the mixture has reached the consistency of ricotta cheese, scrapping the sides of the bowl as needed. If cheese is too thick, stir in additional almond milk or yogurt.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
*If you’re making this recipe for a sweet application, such as cannoli or sweet breakfast, omit the garlic and parsley. You can also add 1 – 2 teaspoons of your favorite sweetener.
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, gluten free