These vegan oatmeal raisin cookies are the best! They’re soft and chewy with slightly crispy edges, and super easy to make without butter or eggs.
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed and water together. Set aside and allow flax seed to absorb the liquid.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars at a medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, and the flax mixture to the bowl, and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the bowl, mixing until each addition has been incorporated, scraping the sides as needed.
- Mix in oats and raisins until evenly distributed in the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 – 11 minutes, or until the dough has just set on the top.
- Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, oatmeal, raisin, cookies, vegan cookies, egg free