The Ultimate Dairy Free Pantry Guide
Regardless of where you are in your dairy free journey, this dairy free pantry guide will help you find the ingredients you need to fully stock your pantry and fridge.
Learn how to grocery shop for a dairy free diet
When we started eating dairy free, I found grocery shopping really frustrating. I never knew what to buy and I would spend endless amounts of time staring at ingredients lists only to get home and realize I bought the wrong thing.
After years of doing this, I’ve finally figured out my favorite products and dairy free grocery shopping is so much easier. I’ve put together a list of our go-to choices when we’re grocery shopping to help you navigate the chaos. We almost always have these products in our fridge or pantry on any given day.
They are definitely not the only options and they won’t necessarily be safe for everyone. Ingredients may change, please always check your labels and make sure the ingredients and allergy statements meet your needs before consuming any products.
- Smart Balance buttery spread
- Earth’s Balance vegan buttery sticks
- Spectrum Organic vegetable shortening
- Kirkland’s extra virgin olive oil
- Nutiva coconut oil
- Silk unsweetened cashew milk
- Aroy-D coconut milk
- Nature’s Charm sweetened condensed & evaporated coconut milk
- Native Forest powdered coconut milk
- Simply Balanced chocolate chips (we also buy this local brand that is dairy free)
- So Delicious frozen dessert
- Reddi-Wip non-dairy whipped cream
- Tofutti cheddar-style slices (not a fan of the mozzarella)
- Tofutti better than sour cream
- Daiya plain cream cheeze and Violife Creamy (original flavor)
- Daiya cheddar cutting board shreds
- Violife Greek white flavor (aka. vegan feta)
- CoYo coconut yogurt
- Bragg’s nutritional yeast
- Daiya deluxe cheeze sauce
- Follow your heart parmesan
- Kite Hill ricotta cheese
- Miyoko’s cheese spread
- Coffee-mate Natural Bliss almond milk creamer
- Progresso panko breadcrumbs
I will be adding and removing items from this list as we try out new products and discover new ingredients. Have a favorite item that’s not listed? Tell us in the comments so we can check it out.
P.S. Did you know that you can ask your grocery store to stock items that they don’t already carry? Most stores will be happy to do so if they know it’s something customers want. Just ask!
More dairy free foods resources:
- Are eggs dairy?
- Dairy Free Halloween Candy
- Dairy Free Substitutes for Butter
- Our Favorite Dairy Free Swaps
Last Updated on January 18, 2023 by Melissa Belanger
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.