I’m babysitting today so I don’t have much time to write, but remember when we got back from Amsterdam, I mentioned I had eaten the most amazing udon noodle wok ever? I promised to make a copycat recipe as soon as I could. Well I did, and here is the recipe.
A few notes:
- The vegetables I used in this recipe could easily be replaced with whatever vegetables you prefer.
- I wasn’t able to find udon noodles on their own – instead I purchased a few packages of udon noodle soup and followed the cooking instructions but then drained the water and didn’t add the soup flavorings.
If you love peanut sauce as much as me, check out my recipe for Asian chicken wraps – they’re fantastic.Print
Udon Noodle Wok with Peanut Sauce
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 head broccoli florets OR 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, halved and sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 cup baby corns
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves (optional)
- 600 gram package Japanese Udon noodles
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cook noodles according to package directions – set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil over high heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the bell pepper, carrots, zucchini and broccoli – sauté for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining vegetables and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While vegetables are cooking, whisk together sauce ingredients in a separate bowl.
- When vegetables are tender, add chicken, noodles and sauce.
- Cook until sauce is heated.
- Stir in cilantro leaves just before serving.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg