How to make a traditional club sandwich – this classic turkey club on whole wheat bread is perfect for an easy lunch and topped with creamy, garlic aioli sauce. #dairyfree #sandwich
For the club sandwiches:
- 4 – 6 ounces Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 2 large tomato slices
- 3 – 4 thin slices red onion
- 1 romaine lettuce leaf, halved
For the aioli:
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 cup canola oil
To make the aioli:
- Place all ingredients in a large cup.
- Blend with an immersion blending, working from the bottom up, until ingredients are combined and thick.
To build the club sandwich:
- Spread each piece of bread with a layer of aioli.
- Top two slices of toast with Hillshire Farm® Premium Carved Oven Roasted Turkey Breast.
- To the first slice, add tomato and red onion. Top with other piece of toast with aioli and turkey.
- Arrange the lettuce and bacon on the last slice of toast with aioli.
- Carefully flip that piece onto the top of the club sandwich.
- Place a skewer in each quarter of the sandwich and carefully cut in half, length-wise and width-wise before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/2 sandwich