I have been seriously craving goat cheese lately. I can’t even tell you how obsessed I am right now. If there is something on a menu with goat cheese, I’m ordering it – like this salad I had while we were in Canada. So when I was asked to create a recipe for topped Triscuit crackers using mixed greens, I knew immediately what I wanted to make.
I decided to use all of the delicious salads I’ve been eating as inspiration for an appetizer by using their ingredients to top a Triscuit, and since blueberry season is in full swing, I couldn’t pass up a chance to use them either.
The Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Triscuit crackers are the perfect match for the creaminess of the whipped goat cheese.
The chopped mixed greens are tossed in a simple balsamic vinaigrette before they’re placed onto the crackers, followed with a dollop of whipped goat cheese and topped with a blueberry (or two, depending on their size). You can definitely substitute your favorite balsamic vinaigrette for the dressing ingredients in the recipe if you’re short on time – or if you just want to skip a step.
To make the whipped goat cheese, you simply toss it into an electric mixer with some milk and cream cheese and beat it until it’s light and fluffy. If you want, you can put it into a piping bag for a fancy presentation like I did, or you can simply spoon a bit onto each cracker. It’s up to you.
- 6 cups mixed greens, roughly chopped
- 1 9 – ounce box Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil Triscuit crackers
- 1 cup blueberries
Whipped goat cheese:
- 1 cup goat cheese, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese (or neufchâtel cheese), softened
- 3 – 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together the goat cheese, cream cheese and milk until fluffy – about 2 – 3 minutes. Set aside or use mixture to fill a piping bag with a decorative tip.
- In a medium bowl, toss mixed greens with dressing (amount to taste).
To assemble the crackers:
- Place a small bunch of dressed mixed greens onto each cracker.
- Layer a dollop of whipped goat cheese on the mixed greens.
- Top with 1 – 2 blueberries, depending on size.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on