- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup mashed potatoes *see note
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano, mustard, all spice
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high. Add the oil and onions, and sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic and continue cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add ground beef and pork and cook until no longer pink, breaking up the meat into small pieces.
- Add mashed potatoes and spices.
- In a small jar or container, shake beef broth and flour until smooth and pour into the skillet.
- Cook until the broth has thickened.
- Place the bottom crust in a 9-inch pie plate . Fill the crust with meat filling and top with remaining pie crust.
- Seal the two crusts together, rolling to one over the other if needed, and press gently with a fork or fingers. Brush the top crust with egg wash.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until the pie crust is golden brown in color.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 337