Roasted Tomatillo Salsa | This easy salsa verde recipe is made with spicy jalapeños, onion, garlic and fresh cilantro. Everyone will love this green salsa recipe, and you can make it as spicy as you want. #salsa #tomatillos
- 2 pounds tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 1 – 2 jalapeño peppers, stems removed
- 1 large handfuls of cilantro (about 1 bunch)
- 1/2 large onion (yellow or sweet)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1 heaping teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Place tomatillos and jalapeños on a baking sheet and roast for 15 – 20 minutes or until skins have started to char. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Place tomatillos, peppers and remaining ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. If needed, adjust seasoning with salt.
- Transfer to mason jar and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, gluten free, easy, summer