This is seriously the best flank steak marinade you will ever try. Oven broiled or gilled, this classic steakhouse inspired recipe will give you flavorful, tender meat with just a hint of sweetness, every time. Let your flank steak marinate overnight for maximum flavor.
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds flank steak
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- For the marinade:
- Whisk or stir marinade ingredient together in a medium bowl until smooth. Cover flank steak and allow it to marinate overnight in the refrigerator (or for a minimum of 1 – 2 hours).
- Remove steak and discard marinade. Season with salt & pepper before cooking.
- To broil:
- Preheat broiler and broiler pan in the oven. Place steak on the broiler pan and cook for 7 – 9 minutes, or until steak reaches 135˚F for medium rare.
- Remove steak from oven and allow it to rest on a cutting board for 5 – 10 minutes before slicing.
- To grill:
- Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450–500˚F). Grill steak for 4 – 5 minutes per side, turning once, or until steak reaches 135˚F for medium-rare.
- Remove steak from grill and allow it to rest for 5 – 10 minutes before serving.
For best results, thinly slice flank steak against the grain with a sharp knife. Serve immediately.