And, just like that. The seemingly-endless holidays were over. Did you have a happy new year? Are you ready for everything that 2016 has to bring? I know I’m probably not, but I’m ready to jump in anyway (not that I have a choice, since I can’t really control time with my mind).
A lot happened last year, so I’m hoping that the new one will be a little bit calmer, but that’s it. I’m not making a resolution other than to try to be the best version of myself everyday. That’ll be easy, right? Did you make a resolution this year?
I know lots of you are ready to go on a healthy binge (maybe the word cleanse is more appropriate, but I don’t really like it), and I’m totally on board, too. I mean, I did order a bridesmaid dress for a wedding this June, so I don’t have much choice than to stay healthy. Does that count as a resolution? I don’t think it does.
Anyway, I’m in love with this tahini roasted butternut squash. It’s filling, delicious and it’s covered in a nutty, gingery tahini sauce – and topped with cilantro. But, the best part is that it’s really easy.
While the oven is preheating, you whisk up a sauce and toss the squash in it. Then pop it into the oven for a bit so that the sauce bakes right on and creates an almost batter-like coating. Top with cilantro, and you’re done.
Looking for more side dish recipes? Try these:Print
- 1 pound butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 – 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the tahini, soy sauce, lime juice, maple syrup, garlic and ginger. Add butternut squash and stir to coat.
- Spread squash onto baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with cilantro before serving.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
If you like this recipe, you’ll love these recipes too:
Last Updated on