This vegan cornbread recipe is so simple and easy to make! It’s made with olive oil and dairy free milk with applesauce replacing the eggs that are found in traditional cornbread. Everyone will enjoy this slightly sweet cornbread that’s full of flavor and deliciously fluffy.
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, or 1 egg (not vegan)
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Whisk in the milk, applesauce, and olive oil until smooth.
- Pour batter into a 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean).
- Allow cornbread to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 6.7 g
- Sodium: 220.7 mg
- Fat: 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.7 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, easy, side dish, sweet, southern, olive oil