Sometimes I just don’t want to cook, because I’m sick of cooking or I don’t want to do dishes. But usually its because I’m lazy. So when I’m looking for something quick and easy but still yummy, I usually make something like this.
These sweet & spicy Moroccan shrimp only take about 15 minutes, and if you serve it will fresh vegetables and couscous you’ll have a healthy and delicious meal. It doesn’t get much easier.
Don’t forget to scrape up all the juicy bits from the bottom of the pan before you serve the shrimp.Print
This easy, sweet and spicy shrimp recipe is seasoned with homemade Moroccan seasoning and pan fried until crispy. Pair them with Moroccan couscous or rice and your favorite vegetable for a simple, healthy meal any night of the week.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix seasonings and flour together in a small bowl.
- Toss the mixture with the shrimp until evenly coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and fry until thoroughly cooked – turning occasionally (shrimp should be completely pink).
Keywords: dairy free, gluten free, easy, healthy, spicy, shrimp, seafood
Moroccan seasoning inspired by Last Updated on