Sometimes I just don’t want to cook, because I’m sick of cooking or I don’t want to do dishes. But usually its because I’m lazy. So when I’m looking for something quick and easy but still yummy, I usually make something like this. These sweet & spicy Moroccan shrimp only take about 15 minutes, and if you serve it will fresh vegetables and couscous you’ll have a healthy and delicious meal. It doesn’t get much easier.
Don’t forget to scrape up all the juicy bits from the bottom of the pan before you serve the shrimp.
Sweet & Spicy Moroccan Shrimp
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix seasonings and flour together in a small bowl.
- Toss the mixture with the shrimp until evenly coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and fry until thoroughly cooked – turning occasionally (shrimp should be completely pink).
Moroccan seasoning inspired by Once Upon a Chef.