Sweet & Spicy Cucumber Salad – This easy vinegar based cucumber salad is a healthy vegan side dish recipe that’s perfect for spring and summer. #cucumber #vegan
- 3 English cucumbers, halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- In a large colander, sprinkle the cucumbers with salt.
- Allow the cucumbers to sit with the salt so that the juices drain.
- Meanwhile, simmer the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce the liquid to 2/3 cup and remove from heat.
- Toss the cucumbers with the cooled dressing and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg