Fresh baby spinach and crisp romaine lettuce are mixed with homemade croutons, toasted almonds and sliced berries in this strawberry poppyseed salad. And, it’s all topped off with a creamy, dairy free dressing.
For the salad:
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 6 ounces romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 pint strawberries (sliced)
- 2 ounces sliced almonds
- 1/2 recipe dairy free croutons
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (or vegan mayo)
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a mason jar or small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Toss or serve with salad dressing on the side.