- 1 12-ounce package jumbo pasta shells
- Olive oil
- 1 9-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 32-ounce container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese (or parmesan)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 recipes quick & easy tomato basil marinara or 6 – 7 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions for al dente. Do not overcook. While pasta is cooking prepare the marinara sauce. Strain shells and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the spinach, ricotta cheese, pecorino romano cheese, egg, parsley, salt, pepper and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- In a large baking dish, spoon a thin layer of marinara sauce. Fill each shell with the cheese mixture and place in the baking dish. Top shells with another layer of marinara sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Reserve any extra sauce for serving.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for about 10 – 15 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow shells to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg