When I was a kid, my favorite vegetable was spinach. Yes, that’s right. I loved spinach as a kid – still do. I guess you could say I’m a regular Popeye (except that I’m a girl and I don’t eat spinach from a can…do they even make canned spinach?). I still love spinach today, and I eat it any chance I get – especially fresh spinach.
Sometimes I have days where I just need to eat something healthy, and lately I’ve been feeling that way a lot. So when I’m craving something yummy and healthy, spinach and beans is one of my favorite things to make. You can have it as a side or eat the whole recipe as a full meal.
- 1-pound bag of fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 14-oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large skillet or stockpot, heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper and sauté until fragrant – about 30 seconds.
- Add spinach to skillet, stirring and cooking until wilted.
- Add beans and continue cooking until beans are heated through.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg