- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 smoked turkey sausage link (about 6.5 ounces), sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 ounces cream cheese (or neufchâtel cheese)
- 1 12-ounce package wide pasta ribbons (or other medium pasta such as farfalle or shells), uncooked
- 8 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- For topping:
- 1 8-ounce bag shredded colby jack (or cheddar cheese)
- 3 – 4 green onions, sliced
- In a large skillet, sauté the sliced sausage in the olive oil over medium heat until browned.
- Add onion and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until onions are tender – about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with green chilies, chicken broth, uncooked pasta and cream cheese.
- Increase heat to high and cover skillet.
- Bring to a boil and continue cooking until pasta is tender – stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach leaves and cook until wilted.
- To serve, top with colby jack cheese and green onions.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg