It seems like all the crazy and busy in my life has come to an end. I had an fantastic time at Chelsea’s wedding this past weekend, and I was so blessed to be a part of her amazing, beautiful wedding. I’m already dying to see the pictures. Now I’m back in Green Bay, waiting for my mom to get home South Carolina, and catching up on some much needed sleep and chores. And, it’s probably time that I get my Kazakh visa application done so I can go see my husband soon.
On days like today when I have lots of things to do, I want a simple, comforting meal to make. This skillet meal is easy and requires only one pot, which is always a good thing. It uses smoked sausage – something you don’t see too often in recipes. It’s cheap and flavorful so it’s the perfect addition to a meal like this. I’ve been using turkey sausage, but I’m sure you could use regular smoked sausage if you prefer – I was just trying to save on some calories.
The skillet really get a flavor boost from the diced tomatoes with green chilies, but they are pretty spicy. So if you’re not a big fan of spicy foods you could definitely substitute regular diced tomatoes.Print
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 smoked turkey sausage link (about 6.5 ounces), sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 ounces cream cheese (or neufchâtel cheese)
- 1 12-ounce package wide pasta ribbons (or other medium pasta such as farfalle or shells), uncooked
- 8 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- For topping:
- 1 8-ounce bag shredded colby jack (or cheddar cheese)
- 3 – 4 green onions, sliced
- In a large skillet, sauté the sliced sausage in the olive oil over medium heat until browned.
- Add onion and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until onions are tender – about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with green chilies, chicken broth, uncooked pasta and cream cheese.
- Increase heat to high and cover skillet.
- Bring to a boil and continue cooking until pasta is tender – stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach leaves and cook until wilted.
- To serve, top with colby jack cheese and green onions.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on