- 4 bacon slices
- 2 leeks, halved and sliced
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups coconut milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup cooked and chopped chicken
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, cook bacon slices until crispy, turning once. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the leeks, peppers, carrots and potatoes to the pot. Sauté until the leeks have softened and are slightly translucent.
- Add the chicken broth and 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining coconut milk with the flour In a small bowl until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the soup and stir until combined.
- Add the salt and pepper and allow the soup to simmer over medium-low heat until the potatoes have softened, about 15 minutes.
- Add the corn and chicken and continue to cook until heated through.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro before serving.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg