Spicy Pickled Eggs | This easy recipe will teach you how to make old fashioned pickled eggs with a quick brine seasoned with jalapeño, garlic and dill. No canning necessary. #pickled #eggs
- 18 hard boiled eggs
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 6 – 8 springs fresh dill
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 – 2 tablespoons pickling spice
- In a large saucepan , combine vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Heat over medium, stirring occasionally, until sugar and salt have dissolved. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool completely.
- Distribute eggs and remaining ingredients between 2 quart-sized mason jars. Top with cooled brine and cover.
- Refrigerate for about 7 – 10 days before serving.
*Nutritional information includes brine and seasonings.
Keywords: easy, dairy free, pickled, spicy