These dairy free gingersnaps are chewy and spicy. Perfect for fall and Christmas!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, salt and cayenne. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the shortening and sugar at a medium speed, until like an fluffy, about 1 minutes.
- Add egg and molasses and continue to beat until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the mixing bowl, scraping the sides as needed. Continue mixing until a thick dough as formed.
- Shape dough into 2 tablespoon balls (or use a cooking scoop) and roll in extra sugar. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until tops are set. Remove from oven and