Snowball Cookies | This easy recipe makes the best snowball cookies. They’re melt in your mouth good, and they’re completely dairy free and vegan! These little cookies are the perfect addition to your holiday cookie tray. #vegan #christmascookies
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening or vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, ground pecans and salt – set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream the shortening, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla extract at a medium speed.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the bowl and mix. If needed, add 1 – 2 tablespoons of water, until a dough forms.
- Form 1-inch balls with the dough and spread on a cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the cookies cool for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Place remaining powdered sugar in a bowl and coat each cookie. Transfer to a cooling and let cookies cool completely before doing another coat of powdered sugar.
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, easy, christmas, cookies, pecan