Stuffed with a creamy mix of healthy spinach and tangy artichoke hearts, this stuffed spinach artichoke is one of my favorite weeknight meals. They’re seared on the stove and finished in the oven for perfectly juicy chicken every time.
- 4 ounces fresh spinach, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 15-ounce can chopped artichoke hearts (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup plain store-bought hummus
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the spinach, artichokes, garlic, hummus, mayonnaise, breadcrumbs and lemon juice until combined.
- Carefully cut into each chicken breast lengthwise down one side, being careful not to go all the way through.
- Stuff each chicken breast with 3 – 4 tablespoons of the spinach artichoke mixture and, if needed, secure with toothpicks.
- Liberally season the outside of the chicken with salt & pepper.
- Heat a large, cast iron skillet to high heat. Add olive oil and sear chicken until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to the oven and continue cooking until the chicken and filling reaches 165˚F, about 20 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.
*Make sure to check your breadcrumbs for hidden dairy.
Keywords: dairy free, chicken, easy, healthy, spinach, artichoke, stuffed