This Skinny Spinach Artichoke Chicken Skillet cooks in just 20 minutes!
Today’s recipe is something I’ve been meaning to share with you for a long time. It’s one of my favorite healthy and fast meals, and it includes one of my favorite ingredient combinations – spinach and artichokes. I mean, everyone loves spinach and artichokes together, right?
But, it always seems that they come at the expense of some creamy – and oh-so-fattening – additions, like cream cheese or sour cream. Items that, even though I might want to, I can’t include in my daily menu for several reasons.
When I set out to create this recipe, I wanted to keep things as light as I possibly could. That meant finding flavor without all that fat. I used chicken tenders and added capers, onion, garlic and lemon to create a skillet meal that cooks in under 20 minutes.Print
- 14 – 16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 15-ounce can quartered artichokes hearts
- Salt & pepper
- Liberally season the chicken tenders with salt & pepper.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil to medium-high. Add onions and sauté, stirring occasionally until translucent – about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken tenders and cook until golden brown, about 3 – 4 minutes per side.
- Add garlic, chicken broth and spinach. Stir consistently until spinach is wilted – about 4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until heated through. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on