- 2 tablespoons dairy free buttery spread (such as Earth Balance)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth, room temperature or warmed
- Splash dry white wine
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Melt the buttery spread in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the flour to the melted buttery spread, whisking to combine.
- Let the roux cook for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Pour chicken broth into the sauce pan, whisk until smooth.
- Simmer on low heat – stirring occasionally – for 5 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg