I made this shrimp salad last week for our mini Christmas party at our apartment. Yes, there were only 6 people there, but we had a great time eating and listening to Christmas music and just hanging out.
This dish was perfect because it was prepped and ready to go the day before so I could focus on other things – like making meat pies, oatmeal delights, and thumbprint cookies – since our oven is finally working again.
Shrimp salad recipe
I used frozen precooked shrimp – I opted for the smaller ones so I wouldn’t have to do any cooking or chopping – but if you already have larger or uncooked shrimp by all means use them.
I would suggest cutting larger ones into smaller pieces though. We served our shrimp salad on toasted pita bread, but you could have it as a sandwich or on a bed of greens or even right out of the bowl. Whatever your heart – and belly – desires.
More shrimp recipes:Print
- 1 pound small cooked shrimp, chilled
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until mayonnaise is evenly coating the salad.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on