Easy Shrimp Po Boys | This recipe for the classic sandwich from New Orleans, Louisiana is made a little healthier with lightly breaded and pan fried shrimp topped with homemade cajun remoulade sauce. Top it with slaw rather than lettuce for a more authentic version. #shrimp #mardigras
For the shrimp:
- 16 ounces medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails off.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or vegan butter
For the remoulade:
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt, to taste
For the po boys:
- French bread
- Sliced tomatoes
- Shredded green lettuce
- Mix remoulade ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour and cajun seasoning. Add shrimp and toss until evenly coated.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to high. Add canola oil and fry shrimp, working in batches, until crispy and golden on both sides.
- Assemble sandwiches and top with cajun remoulade.