This simple, roasted salmon with creamy dill sauce is easy, delicious and easily made dairy free. Serve it with roasted potatoes, veggies and lemon slices for a perfect meal. Makes 4 servings.
How to make salmon with dill sauce
This is one of my all time favorite salmon recipes. It’s simple, flavorful and easy to make. Plus, salmon and dill pair so well together. It’s a classic flavor combination for a reason.
The real star of this sauce is the secret addition of horseradish. I mean, it’s not a true secret, since it’s listed on the ingredients, but it adds an unexpected zip to the overall flavor.
Feel free to make the sauce ahead of time, even a few days before you plan on serving the salmon. We even tried swapping out the dill with some fresh basil a few weeks ago, and it was fantastic, but you might want to puree in the food processor or you’ll need to chop the basil a little more finely than you would the dill.
Tips for customizing your roasted salmon sauce
For those of you who aren’t looking for a dairy free sauce, feel free to use regular sour cream and decrease the lemon juice to 1 teaspoon.
This salmon recipe would be great served with:
- Dairy free mashed potatoes
- Tomato salad
- Farro salad
- Oven roasted broccoli
- Tarragon glazed carrots
- Kale and brussel sprout salad
This simple, roasted salmon with creamy dill sauce is easy, delicious and dairy free. Serve with roasted potatoes, veggies and lemon slices for a perfect meal. #salmon #dairyfree
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place salmon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Season filet with salt & pepper to taste. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until salmon is cooked through and easily flakes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until evenly combined.
- Serve with dill sauce and fresh lemon wedges.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: easy, dairy free
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Last Updated on