I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year! I spent the holiday ringing the new year at the wedding of two close friends. It was an amazing night and I’m so lucky that I was able to celebrate their marriage with them. I also got to see lots of great friends, which made it even better.
I have a limited number of days in Wisconsin before I go back to France, and I’m planning to spend it hanging out with my sister and wedding dress/bridesmaid dress shopping with my best friend…and of course packing. So tonight my mom and I made a quick and easy meal of pasta with mixed bell peppers.Print
- 6 bell peppers (any color), sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- Grated pecorino romano or parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet and add the garlic and crushed red pepper.
- Saute for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the pepper slices to the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- After 15 minutes, add the basil and continue to cook the peppers until soft – about 5 more minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the peppers and oil with the pasta and serve with grated cheese.
Recipe adapted from Pasta e Verdura.
Last Updated on