Why I love this sweet potato pasta recipe
This is one my favorite pasta recipes. We used to make it all the time when Ellie was a baby – I was on a major sweet potato kick around that time – but some how I forgot about it, and we hadn’t made it in years.
This pasta dish is so good, and so simple to make. Roast the sweet potatoes, boil the pasta and make the no cook pasta sauce while they cook.
The sauce itself is made with fresh cilantro, nutty tahini and tons of garlic and ginger. It’s a little bit reminiscent of a peanut sauce, but so different at the same time.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
Ingredient notes: The best part is that the cilantro tahini sauce doesn’t even have to be cooked. It’s just whisked together while the pasta and sweet potato cook and added in when everything is tossed together, which is perfect when you’re trying to squeeze meals in while your newborn naps.
How to make sweet potato pasta
Roast the sweet potatoes. Peel and cut your sweet potatoes and roast them until they’re tender in a 400˚F oven. I like to line my sheet pan with parchment for easier cleanup.
Cook the pasta. Boil a large pot of salted water, and cook the linguini according to the package directions to al dente. When they’re cooked, drain the pasta in a colander.
If your sweet potatoes need a bit more time, feel free to drizzle with olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking.
Make the sauce. While the pasta and sweet potatoes cook, mix the sauce ingredients in mixing bowl. I like to heat my tahini a bit in the microwave to make it easier to whisk into the sauce, but that’s totally optional.
Toss it all together. Mix the sauce with the sweet potatoes and pasta and toss until everything is evenly coated. Serve with extra cilantro and/or lime wedges.
More sweet potato recipes:
- Healthy sweet potato casserole
- Creamy sweet potato and cauliflower soup
- Sweet potato lentil chili
- Sweet potato breakfast hash
- Sweet potato biscuits
- Sweet potato wedges
More pasta recipes you’ll love:
- Italian sausage and peppers pasta
- Old Bay shrimp scampi pasta recipe
- Pumpkin pasta with italian sausage
- Roasted vegetable pasta salad
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- Salt & pepper
- 12 ounces linguini pasta
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Place sweet potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet and season liberally with salt and pepper. Roast for about 25 – 30 minutes, until tender.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions for al dente.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. When pasta is cooked, toss with roasted sweet potatoes and sauce. Serve immediately.
- Category: Mains
- Method: Roasting/Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 491
- Sugar: 9.1 g
- Sodium: 446.1 mg
- Fat: 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 74.7 g
- Fiber: 6.3 g
- Protein: 13.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: dairy free, vegan, vegetarian, egg free, tahini, sesame, cilantro, pasta
Published: September 14, 2020. Updated: November 12, 2021.
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.