Forget old-fashioned potato salad. This homemade, roasted potato salad is an exciting twist on a classic summertime favorite. This easy recipe is loaded with crunchy celery, hard-boiled eggs, sweet onion, and herbs and tossed in a creamy, mayo-based dressing full of flavor.
For the potato salad:
- 3 pounds potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 4 – 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 – 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/3 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
For the dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Add potatoes to the baking sheet . Drizzle with olive oil and season liberally with salt & pepper.
- Roast potatoes for 40 – 45 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Remove from the oven and allow the potatoes to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer cooled potatoes to a large bowl and add the remaining potato salad ingredients.
- In a second bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together until smooth. Add to the salad bowl and stir to evenly coat the ingredients. Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
Keywords: dairy free, gluten free, potato