With just a hint of maple syrup for sweetness, this pumpkin hummus is the perfect blend of sweet and savory. This easy hummus recipe makes a great dairy free appetizer for Thanksgiving!
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 215-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Roasted, salted pepitas (optional, for garnish)
- Combine ingredients in a the bowl of a large food processor . Blend until smooth.
- Add additional olive oil, if needed for a thinner consistency. Garnish with pepitas before serving.