This vegan, dairy free spinach artichoke dip is easy to make and will surely be a crowd pleaser! The red pepper flake add the perfect amount of heat to this classic dip.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup hummus (plain store-bought)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, or more to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayo, hummus, yogurt, nutritional yeast and lemon juice together until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high and add olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Sauté for about 30 seconds, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add chopped spinach and allow it to cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach has wilted. Add the artichoke hearts and the dip base. Stir to combine until the spinach and artichokes are coated in the mixture.
- Add salt & pepper, adjusting to taste, if needed.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
*For a little something different, swap out one can of artichoke hearts for hearts of palm.
If you don’t want to use an immersion blender, you can chop the roasted ingredients instead before mixing
Keywords: dairy free, easy, 5 ingredient