You only need five ingredients to make this dairy free roasted garlic and artichoke dip. This vegan dip will fool even the toughest critic. Makes about 4 cups.
It’s hard to believe that the beginning of another hockey season is already here, which means that summer is over for us. Training camp has started and there is lots to do around here now.
The other night, the guys had a team building night, so one of the girls was nice enough to host a night for the rest of us, with snacks and drinks. There are lots of new people in Angers this year, and that means a lot of new girls to meet.
Too bad it was 99°F (37°C). I was a sweaty mess, and it seemed to me like I was the only one. But it turned out to be a great night, and I’m so happy to have met everyone.
We had lots of yummy food, and I made this roasted garlic and artichoke dip to bring. I really don’t know anyone who doesn’t like artichoke dip, but they are usually so unhealthy.
I wanted to keep the creamy flavor of those unhealthy dips, but make something a little more diet-friendly. All you need: canned artichokes in water, garlic, cream cheese and olive oil. Serve with whatever you like – tortilla chips, crostini, crackers, crusty bread… it’s up to you!
How I made this dairy free artichoke dip:
To make this recipe dairy free, I swapped out the cream cheese for vegan cream cheese. I added a splash of Worcestershire sauce for a little extra umami and some chives to make it a little prettier, but both of those additions aren’t really necessary for a great tasting dip.
More dairy free dip recipes:
More appetizer recipes:Print
You only need five ingredients to make this dairy free roasted garlic and artichoke dip. This vegan dip will fool even the toughest critic. #artichoke #dairyfree #artichokedip
- 3 cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained*
- 12 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 8-ounce package vegan cream cheese
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce (optional, for added flavor)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Roast artichokes, hearts of palm and garlic on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine warm, roasted ingredients with vegan cream cheese, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and chives.
- Using an immersion blender, puree until the mixture is semi-smooth with some chunks remaining.
- If needed, loosen the dip with extra olive oil and adjust seasoning with salt & pepper.
*For a little something different, swap out one can of artichoke hearts for hearts of palm.
If you don’t want to use an immersion blender, you can chop the roasted ingredients instead before mixing
Keywords: dairy free, easy, 5 ingredient
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Last Updated on