This quick pickled asparagus recipe is a super easy way to make sure you can enjoy those fresh asparagus for a little longer. No canning necessary. They’re perfect to add to a appetizer relish board, charcuterie platter or for garnishing a bloody Mary.
- 2 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice (optional)
- Arrange trimmed asparagus in a mason jar (you may need to divide between two jars). Add garlic and pickling spice, dividing between jars if needed.
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium, stirring occasionally until the sugar and salt dissolve.
- Remove from heat and pour liquid over asparagus. Let asparagus cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.